Business After Five Networking Shannon Passero
The Post Office Shannon Passero on Front Street was the place to make connections as Business After 5 events were hosted by the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce on September 6 and the Greater Thorold Business Council on September 13.. The networking events showcased the lifestyle boutique in the 6,500 square-foot restored heritage building.
The Shannon Passero Women’s Business Grant Program was promoted to seek applicants by October 15. Two grant recipients receive $12,500 each with the objective to inspire women to pursue new opportunities with creative solutions for a sustainable business.
Former Grant winner, Lori Elstone featured Provisions Food Company and offered samples, while demonstrating the exquisite benefits of Shannon’s annual program.
SHANNON PASSERO will award up to 2 grants of $12,500 to the recipients of the 2016 Women’s Business Grant Program. Your business must meet the following requirements:
- The business must have a women in a significant leadership role.
- Innovative product(s) that foster environmental and economic health in the global community. (This business grant is NOT meant for consulting services, medical practices, and personal services. We favor product-based enterprises.
- Company must be based in Ontario (preference will be given to businesses operating in Niagara or supplying product to Niagara).
- Applicants that have been in business at least 3 years will be considered based on the strength of their business plan. Specifically, we are interested in how the SHANNON PASSERO grant money will enhance the growth of your business and how your financial documents reflect the current health and future potential of the business. (Note: in the initial application we only request info about gross and net sales. If your business is selected as a semifinalist, we require the previous 3 years P&L and Balance Sheets plus Cash Flow Projections for the next 3 years. If you cannot provide this, please consider waiting until the next grant cycle to apply.)
- For profit businesses or non-profit hybrids (social enterprises) are eligible for this grant. (Not for profits may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on sponsorships.)
Deadline for submission is October 15, 2016 at 11:59pm Eastern Time. Semi-finalists will be contacted directly for additional information after October 30, 2016. Winners will be announced Dec 1, 2016.
Unfortunately, if you don’t hear from us by October 30th, your application was not selected in the grant cycle. Due to the volume of applications expected, we cannot notify people individually or provide direct feedback on individual applications. Feel free to reapply next year if you feel your business is a strong candidate for this grant.
Please note: No organization or agency may charge for this application. Please report any unauthorized solicitations email@example.com.