Thumbs up for the team working together to improve Downtown Thorold. Serge Carpino, Chair of the Thorold Business Improvement Area, and Angie O’H, BIA Marketing Committee Chair, attended a Focus Group Meeting on February 18 with members of the community on the panel.
The group presented their ideas and opinions to improve our downtown.
Working together to improve downtown Thorold, members of our community volunteered on the Focus Group to discuss their ideas and opinions. Along with a community survey, the research will help form a new marketing strategy for the Thorold Business Improvement Area.
Here are a few of the points we gathered from the session. Join the conversation and share your ideas on our Facebook. There’s a downtown idea in everyone!
When I say Downtown Thorold what comes to mind?
- Eateries & Pubs
- Beaverdams Park
- Blues Music Festival
In one word, what draws you to the Downtown Thorold area?
- Canada Post Office
- Atmosphere / Nostalgia
What would your ideal downtown be like if you could create it?
- Outdoor seating area
- Street closure for a pedestrian mall
- Blues bands playing outdoor on street
- Bring more arts, music and open mic nite
- Farmer’s Market
- Air B & B promotions
- Events with bands like.Montebello Park on Sunday night
- Music and amazing stores
- Community centre / town square
- Arts and crafts show outdoor in downtown
- Window shopping Bike friendly area
- Activities / live demonstrations, eg. River Lions
- Walking tours
- Angle parking
- Cleaner downtown streets & sidewalks
- Used book store What’s your downtown idea?
The Focus Group also brainstormed creative slogan ideas for branding Downtown Thorold with a a new marketing strategy. It was also suggested that the BIA sponsor a slogan contest to engage the community in this creative initiative. What you say in a slogan for Downtown Thorold?