In a recent MY Thorold survey, we asked people what they think the priorities should be in the municipal election. Here is what topped the list of priorities that voters want candidates to address:
- Student rental problems
- Opening a long-term care facility in Thorold so we could stay in our own city, while maintaining ties with family & friends
- Residential Rental Licensing Program
Low on the list we found points such as relocation of City Hall to the downtown area, public parking, regional government change, and Fire Department & Emergency Services.
Respondents offered some interesting comments and questions:
- Stop building student apartments. Seniors want affordable upscale apartment or town houses.
- Maintaining infrastructure of recreational facilities in the city in order to attract young families
- We need better youth programs and repairs of failing facilities, e.g.. pool, baseball diamonds, tennis courts parks and walking paths.
- Bad condition of Front Street and St. David’s Road
- Candidates should show community involvement on an ongoing basis not just election time.
- How do we form an effective tourism plan to market the city as a brand?
- How do we continue upgrading our town?
- What is their plan for the townships of Thorold i.e. Thorold South, Allanburg, Port Robinson?
- How do we attract industry?
- How can we see better teamwork on council ?
Have your say on Facebook.com/InThorold in our next survey.