The September calendar is loaded with several health awareness dates for people in Thorold to use with local healthcare and wellness providers. Here are dates some you could place on this month’s calendar for a healthy lifestyle.
- Acne Awareness Month
- Craniofacial Awareness Month
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- World Alzheimer’s Month
- Duchenne Awareness Month
As September is Acne Awareness month, it would be timely to check if you have a current skincare routine that is healthy. Your pharmacist at Henderson’s Pharmacy can work with you to understand the type of acne you have and the most appropriate treatment for you.
There are also a few days in September when we should focus on specific points of health awareness. Events marked with an asterisk (*) take place on the same day every year.
- National Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Awareness Day – September 4*
- World Duchenne Day – September 7
- World First Aid Day – September 8*
- World Suicide Prevention Day is held on September 10*.
If you or someone you know is suffering from depression, please reach out. Help is always available. Contact Crisis Services Canada at: 1-833-456-4566.
- 2020 Terry Fox Run is on September 20 to support cancer research
A virtual Terry Fox Run organized by our Thorold community team will unite in spirit, not in person! Wherever you are; around your neighbourhood, backyard, down the street, or around the block. Register as an individual, family or a virtual team – start your fundraising today! Join the Thorold community because cancer research can’t wait for COVID-19 to be over. Because Terry asked us to try. Click here to register.
- Fall Prevention Awareness Day is on September 22. Colleen Hughes and other staff at Henderson’s Pharmacy in Thorold can recommend mobility aids and home healthcare products to keep you and your loved ones safe. Phone Henderson’s Pharmacy at 905-227-2511 for more information.
- September 25th is World Pharmacist Day! Let’s give a shout-out to your favourite pharmacist.
- World Rabies Day – September 28*
- It’s National Women’s Health & Fitness Day on September 30. DYK, approximately 15% of Canadians get enough regular physical activity. Check out this article (https://pharmasave.com/health/health-topic/nutrition-and-fitness/) for more tips and ideas on how to stay fit!